239 Oberholtzer Road.
Gilbertsville, PA 19525
Open Mon - Fri: 8AM to 7PM,
Sat: 8AM to 12PM

Our History

Patt Veterinary Hospital started in 1952, when Dr. John and Mrs. Patt searched for a growing community in which to settle, raise their children, and establish a veterinary practice. The Boyertown area met their needs! Their first location was in Morysville, where Dr. John practiced out of his home, serving both the large farm animal and small animal needs of the area. Four children and a growing practice later, they relocated to Gilbertsville, where their barn was converted into a veterinary hospital.

Through the years, the practice grew, as well as the Patt children. In 1978, daughter Dr. Deborah joined the practice as an associate. A house call service was added in 1993, when the Boyertown Mobile Clinic was acquired.

When a fire destroyed the hospital in May of 1997, Dr. John F. Patt officially retired. Within a few weeks, PVH was up and running and practiced out of a modular building while the new hospital was being constructed. The new Patt Veterinary Hospital opened its doors on February 1, 1999. Sadly, our founding father passed away in September 2006. Dr. Holly Connolly, Dr. Lori Ferdock and Dr. Stacy Stancu are now the practicing Doctors at Patt.  We are proud to say we have served the veterinary needs of the Boyertown/Gilbertsville area for over 65 years.